- Do you have significant profits or net income?
- Do you have a liability risk?
- Are you expecting funding?
- Is there any real immediate tangible benefit?
- Do you feel stupid yet?
Which legal entity will you use?
- S Corporation vs. Limited Liability Company
- C Corporations vs. Limited Liability Company
Where should you incorporate?
- South Dakota
How do you incorporate?
- Do you need an attorney or an accountant?
- Where to find stock or standard legal documents?
- State government websites?
- Check and confirm state incorporation fees?
- Check and confirm incorporation maintenance fees?
- Be aware of stealth taxes, franchise taxes and etc.
- Understand the annual and quarterly corporate filings
- Respect the legal formalities
Trust but verify – Winston Churchill
Do it yourself, but check with a professional!